Sunday, December 16, 2007

New Year, New Job, New Adventure.





Hello everyone! I figured it's time for me to start blogging again. Most of you know I kept pretty good track of my adventures in Martha's Vineyard a good 3-4 years ago on Xanga so I figured I'd do the same for my wild west adventure! Now you can keep track of all my life happenings without actually being here:)


The last few weeks have really just been a whirlwind of change and excitement. I took a job in Boulder Colorado with a great young company in the online industry. They are nestled right at the foothills of the rocky mountains (flatirons) and  the scenery is like nothing I have ever seen. I am so blessed to have this opportunity to move to such a beautiful place and work with such wonderful people. 
So I have been here since Wednesday the 5th. They flew me to Denver and paid for my rental car and hotel while I'm here. I'm flying back for Christmas on the 21st and then I'll drive here from Florida with my Mom and Bailey after Christmas!!! 
I found a place to live last week. It's really a blessing b/c housing is really slim this time of year in Boulder. The condo I found is literally across the street from work! It's a live/work loft development! Basically it's mostly 2 and 3 bedroom lofts above studios that people work in (jewelry makers, graphic designers, artists, journeymen, etc) My one -bedroom doesn't have a studio beneath it, but how cool is that. Basically you walk up a flight of stairs then you're in my living room and kitchen. The development was just built in September. All hardwood floors, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and best of all brand new! You walk up another flight of stairs and you're in my bedroom loft. you can see out into the living room, it's such a sweet setup! Best of all it has an absolutely AMAZING balcony view of the flatirons. All of you are invited to come visit!

I also found out that a friend from my hometown lives near me! It was so good to catch up with her. We went to the Flatirons Mall to hang out and shop. I'm really glad she lives here.

This weekend we had our office Christmas party in Breckenridge! THAT was an awesome experience. They rented a huge 20 bedroom house in the mountains that we stayed in for 2 nights. We played beer pong, Catch phrase, watched Superbad, had a white elephant gift exchange, it was soooo much fun. Really good to get to know my coworkers on another level. On saturday we went to the slopes, I took a skiing lesson and fell in love with my instructor, it was an all around great time! It was -12 pretty much the whole weekend in the mountains there! Can you believe it!? and I still got sunburned!  As my friend Nela and I were driving back through the rockies today we saw a MOOSE! Yes, he was chillin in the snow on the side of the road. We took a  picture. Here he is below along with a few other pictures of my new snow-covered home! I'll be posting a lot more soon but for now here you go. 
Love you all,
Arikka
















2 comments:

The Lourceys said...

Arikka that is so cool! We will have to catch up over Christmas. We'll be at my moms on the 23rd and 24th. I'll add a link to your blog from mine. See you soon!

Luke & April said...

Arikka I am so excited for you!! I love Colorado (especially Breck)... I have done several projects out there and we just finished another the beginning of December. Hope to see you at Christmas!!

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com